meta data for this page
Commerce Search - Key Concepts and Features
It is an cockpit which allows marketing departments and content manager (non-technical users) to manage boosting rules for cross- and upselling products in the search.
- Hero Products: They appear always at the top of a search
- Based on the commercesearch and commercesearchbackoffice extensions
- It associates a product with a SolrHeroProductDefinition. And the search query is modified on run-time to increase the score of the hero products.
- Provides the HeroProductDefinitionDAO and HeroProductDefinitionFacade
- SolrSearchProfiles manage the boost rules for one or for any category which doesn't have any configured profile in its category path.
- They also allow the reconfiguration of facets. What is the goal of the reconfiguration?
- Commerce Search Cockpit
- But the configuration of the boosting rules is done in HMC
- Dynamic scoring of products
- The boosting rules are applied to all the solr queries.
There isn't much documentation and it is incomplete. Here is the starting page. Commerce Search Module of Hybris 5.x
–Based on Hybris 5.3